In case you missed my FB post. I decided to leave you post here.
This link will lead you to what I think could quite possibly be perfection....actually six of those links would be absolute perfection....especially on a night like tonight...but since C&B is way far, far, far away we're having soup in our boring soup bowls....without the fun miniture handles.
P.S. Our oven needs one of these...
Sep 25, 2009
Sep 24, 2009
1. I found this really cool freezer gadget online- freezcube. It tells you when your frozen food is expired. \ I'm always in question when it comes to how long something has been in the freezer. Sometimes I can't even remember buying some of the things in there. I usually just take a peek for an expiration date or just toss it all and restock.
2. I just love all of the fall flats that are out this season. I usually get two basic colors, red and black... right now DSW has all of their flats on SALE.
3. My favorite songs: Matthew West- going through the motions, Matt Kearney- closer to love- Jeremy Riddle - sweetly broken, Lady Antebellum- need you now and Carrie Underwood- cowboy cassanova.
4. Hmmm... I guess I'll put Travis down for number 4. Even though there really isn't any order to this list.... So, yeah. Travis you're one of my favorite things. Cade too. =)
5. Definitely loving the change in weather. Not loving my chapped lips.
6. I love my new chicken tortilla soup recipe. We are turning on the crock pot tomorrow and having date night at home with ritas and all.
7. We had free chic-fil-a sandwiches tonight for dinner. You just can't beat free!
8. I love the new season of fall shows! Finally something to watch!
9. I love that holiday market is only 41 days away!! Which also means my girls day out is 41 days away.
10. Loves that Cade loves shirley timple even if i don't. There is something about little girls singing that he just loves! Animal crackers in my soup is his favorite youtube video right now... so long cuppycake girl.
and there you have it.... a list of random stuff.
Sep 22, 2009
Tonight I finished sewing Cade's napmat. For a first attempt and having not used a pattern....I'm pretty please with it. Of course even after lesson I can't sew a straight line, but I'm thinking Cade really isn't going to notice that.
To make one for your little one you'll need: 2 1/2 yards of fabric, thread, a Kindermat and fusible velcro. I simply opened my fabric (I used a flannel) and folded it over the mat. Cut up one side of it and then removed the excess material. Then I sewed up both long sides. I then made a 1" hem on the ends. I placed my Velco within the the 1" hem and fused it to the material using my iron.
Simple and easy AND washable!
Next time I'm going to try to add an additional blanket cover and then maybe a pillow and a handle/strap. BUT for now this one will have to work.
I had Cade try it out this evening. I told him this is your nap mat, lay on it, and go to sleep. So he laid down, closed his eyes and started to snore...... so cute!
Such a fun age!
I'll post pictures tomorrow. I'm hitting the sack early tonight.
Oh and my dad is doing better. He says his pain is better and the numbness is going away. So hopefully the injection will take full effect by morning.
Sep 21, 2009
So I'm a little behind on all of the happenings going on with our lives.
Travis and I joined a new church this past weekend- Northside Christian Church. It's the perfect fit for both of us. Cade loves it and we've already met some wonderful friends.
Cade is on his way to being fully potty trained. He hasn't started being verbal about telling us he needs to go but he will usually go when I ask him to. We're still wet when we wake up but we're not as wet as we used to be.
I'm super excited that all of the fall shows are starting. Looking forward to GREY'S, Desperate Housewives, and DWTS. Those are must sees every week.
School is going great. I love, LOVE, love the kids. It's going to be a great year with this bunch.
Wednesday is the big day for my friend Susan- she's delivering her twins! Hudson and Luke will arrive around noon! We're praying for Susan and Brandon as they enter a new chapter in their lives together.
I finally bought some new curtains for the living room. I went with a soft green-- on the lime side. I am a "red" accent kind of person but have just got burnt out on it...I came across some awesome accessories at Z Gallery in a fabulous green color and decided that this was the change I was needing to make- so I bought a few things- candle holders, napkin rings, and potpourri mix all in this vibrant green color. I love it!
Next Monday is my Grandma's birthday. I'm thinking about when I'm going to go up to see her.... I know we're making a trip mid October but I really want to get out there to see her now. I miss her!
Tomorrow my dad goes in for a steroid shot in his back- OUCH. The drs are hoping this will give him some much needed relief in his right leg (it's numb knee down- and now swelling is occuring in the ankle). I'm hoping it's a simple procedure and that he will be home by noon. They had an MRI sort of scan done last week and determined that his disk is degenerating and the nerve is pinched between the disks. Poor guy! He does seem to be doing better and the therapy is helping... but there is just no feeling in his leg. I had that happen when my foot falls asleep...so I can only imagine what he's been going through the past month. I just want him back to normal.
Cade has started praying at night- He/We used to do it all the time and then he wouldn't say them. So I slowly getting back into the habit of saying a goodnight prayer. We pray for our family and friends/his friends and such.... the other night he said "dear God, help Grandad feel better..." It of course was said in a two-year-old voice- which is just about the sweetest thing to listen to. Hopefully our prayers will be answered.
that's all for now.... it seems like I haven't had a full night of sleep in forever... so I'm calling it a night.